Skip to Content

Help with a Federal Agency


My staff and I are eager to assist you in answering questions and helping you to resolve issues you may be facing with federal agencies. While my staff cannot direct an agency to decide a matter in your favor, we can ensure that your case receives full and appropriate consideration.

In order to receive the most expeditious service, please send to the nearest district office a letter with a description of your problem along with a signed Constituent Services Form (Constituent Service Form.pdf or Constituent Service Form.docx, Download Adobe Acrobat Reader). This form is required for your own protection, in compliance with the federal Privacy Act of 1974, which prohibits the release of information without your approval. Please be sure to include your full name, address, daytime phone number, social security number, and your signature. In addition, if you have any documents that may be relevant to your case, include copies with your correspondence to me.

Please include all pertinent information and claim numbers in your correspondence - such as:

-Your Social Security number for a case involving Social Security;
-VA claim number for a case with Department of Veterans Affairs;
-Taxpayer identification number (Social Security number, if individual) for an Internal Revenue Service problem, etc.;
-Your address, home phone number and daytime phone number (if different than home) so that we can obtain any additional information from you that might be necessary;
-Copies of any related documents or correspondence that you may have from the agency involved.


The Privacy Act of 1974 (5 U.S.C. ยง 552a) requires that Members of Congress or their staff have written authorization before they can obtain information about an individual's case.

We must have your signature to proceed with this type of request.

Click Here To Request Help